Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sugar Rush

Went to Akihabara (for likely the last time) after class on Friday. My tasks were to find Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 for Mathan, and a set of cosplay dog ears for Jazmyn. I didn't manage to find any dog ears (lots of cat ears, though), but it was worth it for the experience of hopping between weird cosplay stores asking for "inu no mimi". I also looked in a number of used game stores for Mathan's game with no success and was about to give up when I found a well-hidden copy of the first Virtual Pro Wrestling. Taking it as a sign, I vowed to continue my search and found a copy of VPR2 (with box and booklet!) in the next store I searched.

That evening I went with a group back to Shibuya to eat at the all-you-can-eat dessert buffet "Sweets Paradise". In addition to their wide selection of cakes and sweets they serve some pasta, so after eating a plate of spaghetti, I went back and ate 2 plates of dessert and a bowl of ice cream. It was a good night.

Then we came home and watched "Run Fatboy, Run" on Ethan's computer. Pretty good movie.

Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so pics will not be posted :(

1 comment:

  1. Huh, I wouldn't have thought dog ears would be hard to find in Japan. Cat ears are easy to find, even in America. I imagine you could get fox ears relatively easily, too.

    I didn't really like "Run Fatboy, Run". It had some funny moments, but I thought the plot was painfully generic.

    ReplyDelete