Saturday, August 15, 2009

Curry filled Doughnut and Flat Mountain Dew

Today most of my regular crew was going down to Yokohama to visit the ramen museum and other things, so I, having already visited the ramen museum, decided to go off on my own and finish my souvenir shopping. After visiting the huge markets in Ueno and Asakusa, I went back home, finished some homework, and took stock of all the silly things I've bought and plan to take home.

I should be in pretty good shape for luggage space (thanks to Mary and her amazing luggage) surprisingly enough. I guess we'll see this coming week when I pack everything up for real.

This evening I went with my friend Liz to a (beginner friendly) swing dance farther away from the center of the city. There were some cool people there and it was a lot of fun. It seemed like about half of the people there were actually Japanese, and the rest were foreigners from a variety of places. I felt a little intimidated, though, since some of the people there were pretty incredible, and I'm way out of practice anyway. (I feel like there was a time where I actually had a decent repertoire of moves, but that might not actually be true...) There were a number of beginners there also, so I didn't feel too bad.

Now I'm chilling in my room eating curry bread for the first time. I feel like I had to try it since Carrie and Jane have this crazy obsession with curry and curry bread, so I had to see what all the fuss was about. It's actually pretty good, even the cheap convenience store stuff. I think I'm really gonna miss Japanese bread when I come home.

1 comment:

  1. Japanese bread is good, huh? Is it made by people with really warm hands?

    ReplyDelete