Thursday, August 20, 2009

Last day in Tokyo

After the going away lunch, a group of us went to karaoke this afternoon for a couple hours. It was fun, though I imagine it's more fun with alcohol involved (even on our last day, 2 PM is just a bit too early). For dinner we went to an excellent ramen place and got one last delicious meal of Japanese ramen and gyoza.

After that, we decided to have a little party in Kevin and Ethan's dorm room, so I ended up buying this small bottle of sake because it's name was 男山 which literally means "Man Mountain." It wasn't very good (I'm not that big on sake) but it was totally worth it for the bottle.

We also spent a section of the evening trying to find ways to spend Alan's big bag of coins that he had accumulated throughout the program. I'm pretty sure the Wendy's and that convenience store kind of hate us now...

Tomorrow the plan is to get up (having packed entirely the night before, ie right now), go to the bakery and grab some stuff for breakfast and lunch, check out of the dorm at 11, leave on the bus at 12, leave on my plane at 4, land in Moline at 8:30 (I told Mom and Dad 8, but it's actually 8:30!), arrive home around 10, shower, and sleep on a real mattress in my own room.

I'm gonna miss Japan, and I'm especially going to miss all the people I've met here, but I'm getting really anxious to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment