Monday, August 10, 2009

8/10/09

After throwing together a "first draft" for my "project" that was below the minimum length, poorly written, and just substandard overall in the early afternoon, I hopped down to Shinjuku and picked up some concert tickets for my friend Vanessa who is studying abroad here next semester. (it's really hard for foreigners to get tickets since you generally can't use non-Japanese credit cards, which is why I had to track down a real ticket counter).

Having accomplished two tasks exactly as planned, I decided to treat myself to yet another trip to Akihabara. (it's amazing how easy it is for me to spend time there just looking around) This time I mostly just checked out the arcades. I tried a few games, and after mostly failing I was feeling a little low when I stumbled on a neglected Ice Climbers cabinet. After proving to myself that I can get past the 3rd level in something (and breaking the top 10 scores! (though, I think they reset them fairly often)) I bought an incredible pita from this kebab/pita stand outside the station. I'm proooobably gonna have to get another one at some point.

I think I'm about done with arcades here, though. 100 yen is just too much for every game, especially for old ones which are the only games I'm at all competent at.

On the way home, I stopped by a drug store since my allergies have been bothering me (it always happens at this time of year, even on the other side of the planet, I guess). After some difficult communication (or lack thereof) the clerk gave me some all-purpose decongestant pills. I really wanted some antihistamine, but this should help.

No comments:

Post a Comment