Friday, July 24, 2009

Today (Friday)

Today, our first full day at Waseda, I walked with Ethan 1 (there are 2 Ethans) and Kevin to the 9 story Animate store in Ikebukuro. It was a bit of a hike (we probably should have taken the train or subway, but we got some exercise), but it was worth it. I didn't go crazy buying stuff like I could have, I just got a few little figures and some manga (I'm done with manga after this, I swear!). I held back on some things I wasn't sure about since I'll probably come back once again before I leave (and they'll have a lot of the same stuff in Akihabara). Afterwards we just poked around the area around the station, grabbed some dinner, then came home.

Tomorrow morning is our orientation, but I'm not sure what my plans are for that afternoon, I'll probably just see what everyone else is up to.

Sunday, though, Ethan 1, Kevin, and I are making the pilgrimage to the full scale Gundam statue in Odaiba. w00t!

Next weekend is the homestay, and the weekend after that: Akihabara.

It's a good day to be a nerd~

No comments:

Post a Comment